We recently hosted a webinar about how our LandVision Builder solution can help homebuilding industry players accelerate finding, qualifying and capitalizing on land and property acquisition opportunities. It was an information-packed and interactive product demo & overview session; below is a quick recap.
It is obvious that the homebuilding industry is on an upswing and arguably land acquisition is the toughest job in this competitive business! So how can builders, developers and multifamily firms leverage LandVision, our map-based land prospecting and portfolio management solution, to get ahead? In our webinar, we provided a live demonstration of the LandVision Builder product and reviewed the 5 essential chapters for success:
1. Find Opportunities. Using the LandVision map-based system, you can search for land and property acquisition opportunities of all types – basically any kind of real estate – to find the best opportunities for you. Locate vacant land, infill and entitled sites and even off-market opportunities. Customize your searches using flexible and interactive search options including property type, zoning, aggregate acreage and lot count. You can even further tailor your searches by applying a geographic constraint to search only within a given area such as a certain neighborhood, or within a corridor surrounding an infrastructure or retail location. Try different combinations and find highly targeted opportunities for your requirements.
2. Get Land & Property Details. Once you have pinpointed a potential acquisition, you then of course want to drill down and learn more about it and decide if it is a truly viable opportunity. With LandVision, you can obtain not only the basic property characteristics, but also the visual and physical aspects of the location, as well as transaction and financial information. Comprehensive parcel boundary and property data is built right into LandVision so you can easily view pertinent information such as the parcel size and dimensions. What’s more, with LandVision’s tools, you can actually measure property boundary lines and see it in aerial imagery or map view and also via the Google Earth program. Additionally, you can access site profile reports with information on past sales and different map views, and even detailed tax maps.
3. Research & Understand Ownership. When qualifying opportunities, you can also take advantage of LandVision’s unique in the industry in-depth ownership analysis features. You can look up the owner entity of a parcel and link out to find more information about that entity. LandVision also enables you to see all additional properties by a specific owner – you get a window into the owner’s entire portfolio even if ownership is listed under different owner aliases. You can also determine a select area and just look up all the owners of properties there. Finding out the ownership information for potential opportunities plus surrounding area parcels offers invaluable intelligence that is difficult to track down via other means.
4. Analyze Market Dynamics. Today, it’s not enough to have a detailed understanding of your specific acquisition opportunities, you really need to also have a more macro-level insight into your market. Select your target market area, or that of your competitors, and see what activity is occurring. Get a handle on all land transactions by buyer & seller as well as conduct analysis on new home construction, resale, and/or foreclosures or distressed properties. You can also select specific date ranges to see transactions only within certain time period. As with a lot of the information in LandVision, you can view this information right on the map screen or generate a list for export. Armed with more intelligence, you can make more informed decisions to accomplish your objectives.
5. Customize for Your Competitive Advantage. The LandVision program not only provides all of the capabilities already discussed including a wealth of information out of the box, but also offers even further information customizable for your specific needs. Automatically, you have access to Active Builder Sites, School Districts & Ratings, Flood & Wetlands and Demographics data layers. Additionally you also have the ability to add custom data for Zoning, Transit, School Attendance Zones, Utilities, and specific Site Plan Overlays. You can use this data to enhance your search and evaluation initiatives with even further detail. With all of the capabilities and customized information, LandVision enables you to manage your portfolio from initial identification of a potential property, to acquisition, and then through development to marketing and closing homes. Accessing and managing all of your location-based intelligence all in one system enables clients to position themselves well for success.
We are happy to have had a chance to share a live product demonstration and information about how our robust map-based land prospecting LandVision solution results in more profitable development for homebuilders!
Click here to view the complete ‘Meet LandVision: The Homebuilding Industry’s Premier Solution for Land Acquisition’ webinar.